Product Liability Attorneys Dallas
Products Liability for Injuries Caused by Defective Products – Holding manufacturers responsible for the harm caused by Product Defects
Manufacturers and sellers of products have a duty to ensure that their products are reasonably fit, suitable, and safe for their intended use by consumers. A manufacturer that fails to prevent a defect in a product that causes injuries may be liable for the resulting harm. Our Dallas product liability attorneys help you obtain compensation when you are injured or lose a loved one because of a dangerous or defective product. In the USA the Consumer Product Safety Commission list a wide range of products being recalled.
How Is Liability And Compensation Determined?
Product manufacturers, designers, or sellers may be held responsible in a lawsuit for personal injury or wrongful death when their products have design defects, manufacturing defects, or they do not have adequate warnings or instructions:
- Design defects — Design defects exist when there is an alternative design that would be safer than the one manufactured that is not overly costly, that is practical and that has the same primary purpose as the original dangerous design.
- Manufacturing defects — Manufacturing defects exist when the resulting design is different from the intended design, the product is poorly made, there are worker errors, poor materials are used, or there are other errors that occur during the manufacturing process.
- Failure to warn — Manufacturers may be responsible for your injuries if the product did not contain adequate instructions or warnings of dangers of use or misuse not immediately apparent.
In addition to being strictly liable for defective products, manufacturers may also be held responsible for personal injury when a product injures you because of the manufacturer’s negligence. They may also be responsible for breach of warranty, including promises, statements, or advertisements about a product that are incorrect or untrue.
What Types Of Products Can Cause Injuries?
Our Dallas attorneys help victims recover compensation from manufacturers for injuries caused by all types of defective products, including:
- Auto defects including poor crashworthiness and rollovers
- Defective automotive parts such as tires, windshields, or children’s car seats
- Defective toys and children’s products including the use of lead paint or choking hazards
- Defective household products including cleaning agents, food, furniture and medicine
- Defective appliances including ovens, vacuums, heaters and air conditioners
- Power tool defects
- Defective heavy machinery and workplace equipment
- Gas station explosions
- Defective medical devices and pharmaceutical drugs
What Are Common Types Of Injuries From Defective Products?
All types of serious or even fatal injuries can result from the use of products defectively designed or manufactured or that do not contain adequate warnings. Using our decades of experience in injury law and a network of experts to assist us, we help victims recover a just award or settlement for all types of injuries caused by product defects, including:
- Head and brain injuries
- Back, neck, and spine injuries
- Broken bones
- Burns and scars
- Chemical burns
- Toxic exposure
- Internal bleeding and injuries to organs
- Suffocation and brain damage from lack of oxygen
- Injuries to children
Is there a Limit on how long you can wait to sue for Product Liability?
The statute of limitations for product liability limits the time you have to start a lawsuit against manufacturers, designers, or sellers for injuries caused by defects. This time limit is two years from the date the defect occurred, the date you were injured, or the date you should have discovered an injury that was not obvious, such as an internal injury caused by a chemical or toxic substance. Here is a link to to the Consumer Products Safety Commission that lists product recalls
Contact our Dallas product liability attorneys today to hold manufacturers responsible for your injuries. If you were injured, do not delay contacting attorneys you can trust to guide you through your claim and help you get the money you deserve. Our lawyers have the experience, skills, and resources to fight manufacturers for fair compensation and the results to prove it. To schedule your free initial consultation contact us today toll-free at 1-800-862-1260 or 972-278-9202. Se Habla Español.
Looking for Nursing Home Neglect/Abuse Attorney?